I’m trying (again) to get back into the habit of posting at least one new post per week. These past two weeks, I’ve put up two monster posts – one about reading the Bible through a hermeneutic of love in relationship and another about sex.
(Guess which one got more hits.)
In order to give a break to both myself and my readers, this week is a short, softball post.
Hope you like it.
So basically, the idea is, you take a film title, remove one letter, and give a brief description of what this newly titled film might be about. Really simple and the results were surprisingly clever and hysterical.
I retweeted some of my favorites
- Rnoon112 posted:
Full Meta Jacket – A movie about a movie about a jacket.
- perry_isaiah posted:
check out some of these #removeoneletterfilms Here’s mine:”Cloudy With a Chance of Eat Balls”
And then I started coming up with some of my own:
- Raders of the Lost AK – the ATA call on Indy to track down lost Fast and Furious weapons.
- Exit Through the GIF Shop – Film documenting Banksy‘s new state-of-the-art graffiti technique.
- The Karate Id – a Freudian analyzes Ralph Macchio using surprisingly misleading methods of analysis.
- Ark City – actually, still the same movie.
- How To Train Your Drago – never-released Russian prequel to Rocky IV.
- Ocean’s Elven – Steven Soderbergh and Peter Jackson‘s new mashup film.
- Best In Sow – same movie, but with pigs.
- The Men Who Stare At Oats – movie about a failed Monsanto program to genetically modify crops through telekinesis.
- Mission: Impossible – Host Protocol – Tom Cruise tries to work in Gordon Ramsay‘s kitchen.
And finally, the two that I’m most proud of:
- Inside Ma – Spike Lee‘s documentary about yo-mama-so-fat jokes.
[See number 4.]
- The Sith Sense – story of a boy who sees dead jedi (spoiler: Bruce Willis is his father).
And as you can see, some people even modified movie posters:
It was a great way to waste an afternoon – the perfect way to unwind during grad school summer break.